* Night fell and lamps lit all across the town * Luminous colours just fade into brown * Memories fade at the end of the day * Fade into shades of grey
* Through dark streets we wandered * Passing the poor * People slumped up against every door * We've nothing to give them and nothing to say * For we are just shades of grey
* Colour returned for a moment or so * Could have made my move but not me, I'm too slow * You are my life, that's a fact we all know * You made me feel high, but now I am low * Low with shades of grey
* Myriads of colours we both longed to see * All of those colours lost to memory * That deep red sunset is so far away * But no longer shades of grey
* Appears on //[[Reality]]//. * A version with vocals by Anya Williams appears on //[[Outcast]]//. * Appears on //[[Singular]]//.
Written, produced and performed by Daniel Bailey-Graham. Vocals, backing vocals and harmony arrangement on //Outcast// version by Anya Williams.